Woodlawn Early Years School – Mission
Woodlawn School is an environment where education and culture empowers our students to grow into caring, connected and contributing global citizens.
- We believe that a school culture which builds strong RELATIONSHIPS with students and their families creates the conditions to improve student learning outcomes. We welcome, nurture and encourage positive communication and relationships.
- We believe in INCLUSION; meaning everyone is welcome, valued and safe. Every student is involved in every way possible.
- We believe we are teaching the CHILD FIRST and the curriculum second. We work on developing a “can do” attitude, self-esteem and belief in oneself as a learner.
- We believe that a strong emphasis on developing LITERACY skills sets the foundation for learning and success across all other environments.
- We believe that all forms of PLAY (educational, physical, creative, and free) must be included in the learning environment to engage the brain and foster critical thinking skills.
Woodlawn School is a Kindergarten to grade four Early Years School with 533 students.
We have a teaching staff of 35 Full Time Equivalents filled by 35 teachers including 3.5Learning Support; 1.5 Music, 1.5 Phys. Ed., 1.5 School Counselor and 2.0 Principals.
Support Staff include 1 head secretary, 1 part time secretary, 1 library clerk, 20 educational assistants, 1 head custodian, 2.5 evening custodial staff.
Principal: Karen Fraser
Vice-Principal: Tara Reimer