Woodlawn Early Years School – Mission
Woodlawn School is an environment where education and culture empowers our students to grow into caring, connected and contributing global citizens.
- We believe compassionate support, curiosity, and co-regulation create a school culture of caring relationships between students, families, and staff.
- We believe all students belong here and their voice matters. We celebrate and value our diversity and believe inclusion is a human right.
- We believe children must be viewed as intelligent, creative and capable with gifts and abilities that surface through play and relationships with self, others, and environment.
- We believe the purpose of education is a pursuit of creativity, collaboration, communication, citizenship, character, critical thinking and a strong foundation in literacy and numeracy.
- We believe in a commitment to Truth and Reconciliation by understanding our collective history and moving towards reconciliation through mutual respect, empathy and intercultural understanding.
Woodlawn School is a Kindergarten to grade four Early Years School with 533 students.
We have a teaching staff of 35 Full Time Equivalents filled by 35 teachers including 3.5Learning Support; 1.5 Music, 1.5 Phys. Ed., 1.5 School Counselor and 2.0 Principals.
Support Staff include 1 head secretary, 1 part time secretary, 1 library clerk, 20 educational assistants, 1 head custodian, 2.5 evening custodial staff.
Principal: Karen Fraser
Vice-Principal: Tara Reimer