- Hot Lunches
|Parent Advisory Council Members (2020-2021)|
|Kristin Friesen||Vice Chair|
|Janell Fast||Secretary|| firstname.lastname@example.org
|Carla Barkman||Fundraising Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Sara Richards||Special Events Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tiffany Sawatzky||Hot Lunch Coordinator||Tsawatzky84@gmail.com|
|Jolene Jolicoeur||Volunteer Coordinator|
|Cara Duerksen||Member at Large|
|Megan Perron||Member at Large|
|Jody Friesen||Member at Large|
|Janelle Unrau||Member at Large|
|Lisa Funk||Member at Large|
|Kali Dyck||Member at Large|
|Tara Reimer||Vice Principalemail@example.com|
|Leah Read Schroeder||Teacher Repfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Please feel free to email any parent with questions or concerns. We also would like to welcome any new parent on parent council for this year.
Woodlawn PAC Constitution (PDF)
Attending a PAC Meeting is a great way to stay informed; provide input into fundraising and projects; get to know our principal and vice principal; share ideas; raise issues or concerns; and meet other parents.
Monthly meetings are held generally the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 11:05 am – 12:00 pm in the gym. All parents with children in the Woodlawn School and community members residing with the catchment area may attend the meetings.
Upcoming Meetings Schedule
- Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020: Minutes
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020: Minutes
- Tuesday, Oct.13, 2020: Minutes
- Monday, Nov 16 @ 6:00pm: Cancelled
- Tuesday, Dec 8, 2020: Minutes
- Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021 (2:00pm) Minutes
- Tuesday, Mar 15, 2021 (2:00pm)
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021: Minutes
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021: Minutes
- Tuesday, June 8, 2021:
STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK: We would like to thank all our teachers and support staff for their hard work and dedication to the education of our students.
Volunteering is a great way to be involved at Woodlawn! We want to support our staff and students both financially (fundraising) and by volunteering with school activities. The Woodlawn PAC together with the school, plan many special events throughout the year and we are always looking for volunteers to help. If you are interested in getting involved, let us know! Here are some examples:
- Staff Appreciation: Provide baking or food items for monthly Staff Appreciation events.
- Hot Lunch Fridays: Collect student orders and payment, package hot lunch items into bins, and fulfill classroom orders.
- Pizza Fundraising: Collect student orders and payment, compile orders, and distribute pizza on pick up days.
- Basket Raffle Fundraising: Collect items from class, create baskets, and sell tickets for June’s School Picnic.
- Book Fair: Work 1-2hr shifts in the Library during this 3-day event in February.
- School Events: Help with events like the Winter Fun Day and School Picnic etc.
- Picture Day: Helps classes getting to and from pictures during October’s Picture Day.
- Outdoor Play Project: Be a part of a committee of parents who will work together with staff in brainstorming ideas and gathering information for our outdoor play area.
If you would like to volunteer in any of the above-mentioned events, please fill out this form and return it to either your child’s teacher or the school office. If you have questions please contact Melissa Jolicoeur at email@example.com
Did you know that one day a week we have Hot Lunch delivered to Woodlawn?
**Due to our restricted use of our building, for now we will attempt to have our meetings outside as weather allows.
Our lunch will once again be supplied by Main Bread & Butter. The 3 choices each week include: soup and a bun; ½ turkey wrap; and pasta.
Students who wish to order must do so first thing every Friday morning. For your convenience we have tickets available at the school office that are sold in sheets of 12 for $39.00. Each ticket may be redeemed for 1 item during the school year. These tickets are valid until June 21, 2020 and carry no cash value (if lost we cannot replace).
Money made through fundraising this year we will be going towards Woodlawn’s outdoor play area. Improvements and additions need to be made to both our front and back play areas.